Monday 10 August 2015

Cream teas, fish & chips and sea air.

ISo we've just got back from our week away to Devon - Saunton to be precise.

This is the 3rd summer we have come here and stayed in our fave little resort by the sea; Saunton Sands Hotel.
Why do we keep going back? Well, the view for a start. If you're lucky enough to get a sea view room, then its worth every penny. Waking up to this is just INCREDIBLE.




If you have children, then this place is where you should be headed. Like most hotels, especially in peak season, there is entertainment for the children. Most evenings there are clowns, magic shows, Take That tribute band....so much. The children even get to attend workshops in the day, so that they can take part in the shows in the evening. 
But not only that, they have a kids playroom with activities ALL day. From picking the children up in the morning to take them for pancake breakfasts, to beach hunts, to pizza making and even a movie night in PJ's until 10.30pm. The kids didn't even come up for air...which meant James and I had some ACTUAL, REAL LIFE time together. Y'know, where we had to actually talk to each other. Like a proper conversation!

I do feel for what you pay, the rooms could be a little more up to date - the lounge and lobby are really lovely but the rooms still have a little old-fashioned feel to it (not awful) but this is not a cheap hotel, and I do feel the rooms do not reflect this!

Aside from the crazy kids schedule, we managed to sneak in fish and chips at our fave place, Squires, and the kids managed to do some pottery painting on a crap weather day and I even managed to have an evening where I drank not 1 but 4 mojito's. Any mum to young children would understand that drinking is just not high on my list. Not because I'm sensible, but more to do with the 'morning after' fuzzy head and voming, ha!
4 mojito's and I felt rough as a badgers arse!

I do love my crazy little family and having some quality time away with them was just what I needed!






SHARE:
© MUM & TONIC. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig